Thursday, August 26, 2010

My Dad is Love

Four boys were locked in a heated discussion at their local playground. The topic? The legendary, "My dad is better than your dad".

The first boy thumped his chest and said, "My dad is better than your dad! He's a body builder and he could easily beat any of your dads in a fight!"

"Oh yeah?" said the second boy. "My dad doesn't need to fight. He's a business man and he's so rich he can PAY someone to beat up your dad."

The third boy then takes out his handphone and starts playing a hit song with his mp3 player. "You guys think your dads are so cool? They're nothing compared to my dad. He's a singer and wrote this song himself!"

And the three argued and argued until they noticed the fourth boy was keeping quiet all along. He just stood there with a smug look on his face. "What are you smiling about? You haven't even said what's so great about your dad!"

"My dad?" said the last boy. "My dad's the best of all!" and he took out a photograph from his wallet and showed it to the other boys.

"My dad he loves me more than anything in the whole wide world."

God is so amazing in so many ways. Some people spend their entire lives learning and seeking His strength, His richness, His creative power and so forth. And though there is nothing wrong with seeking these characteristics of God because He is strong and rich and creative, there is one fundamental truth that we must understand. Above all else our Dad is love.

"But anyone who does not love does not know God, for God is love." - 1 John 4:8

Above every side of God we seek to understand, we should firstly seek to understand the love of God because that is His very nature. After all, what good is it to know that our God is powerful or our God is rich or our God is the Creator if we don't know He loves us more than anything in this whole wide world? It's only when we know God is love, then can we fully trust in Him to be powerful, to provide and to create miracles for us.

You want to know how awesome is God? Understand His amazing love for you. God's love is the measure of his greatness.

If I'm ever going to brag about my Dad, I'd choose to say, "My Dad is love" any day.

I'd like to see you top that ;D

GOD LOVES YOU

picture taken from:



2 comments: