Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Mother's Love

Awhile ago I was thinking about my mum and the way she loves me and my sister. She doesn't do what you'd expect a "typical" mother to do most of the time. She doesn't cook dinner every night (because we're not always home!) or greet us in the morning with kisses (because she likes to sleep in). Instead I see her love for us in the details she remembers about me and my sister.

Take for example, when she buys Ipoh chicken rice for us. She knows I like to have rice instead of noodles and asks for extra packs of chili sauce because I like spicy food. She also buys an extra large portion of bean sprouts because she knows my sister loves them! She knows our favourite snacks and even knows which clothes belong to who when sorting the laundry.

When I see her effort to remember all these details I know without a doubt she loves us. She may forget addresses, phone numbers, people's names but she always remembers the details of the ones she love!

Now some of you may feel really appreciative of your mothers right now but before you text them or call them to tell them "I love you mum!", I want you to do something. Take your mum's love for you, magnify it about a couple of hundred billion times and that's how much God loves you. There's someone else who takes time to remember details about us - God. Take a look at this:

"What's the price of two or three pet canaries? Some loose change, right? But God never overlooks a single one. And he pays even greater attention to you, down to the last detail—even numbering the hairs on your head! So don't be intimidated by all this bully talk. You're worth more than a million canaries." - Luke 12:6-7 (The Message)

As much as your mother loves you, God loves you even more! He even took the time to count the number of hairs on head! Mum I'm sorry, but the truth is God beats you in loving me! And you know what? Just as our mothers buy back the perfect Ipoh chicken rice for us because they know us well, God knows how to prepare the perfect plan for us because He knows us BEST. Trust in the One who knows you the best and loves you the most.

GOD (and your mother) LOVES YOU.

2 comments:

  1. it reminds me of something that i've heard before personally from Him, and yes it involves my mom! x)

    ReplyDelete