Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Car Wash Salvation

I wrote this once before in my previous blog (may it rest in peace) but after an excellent sharing from my intern in life group last Friday, I've decided to share this experience of mine again! Without further delay I present to you..

Car Wash Salvation


I was at a petrol station car wash one day with my sister. There weren't any "remarkable" happenings during that visit though. No explosions, no accidents, no robbery (if you were expecting something of the sort!); just a wonderfully "ordinary" reminder of God's great love.

As I sat there with my sister watching our cars get washed I noticed something: my car was the dustiest, muddiest, dirtiest car in the station (those who know me know it's not hard to imagine)! I mean, every car there could have used a cleaning, but mine really really needed it! It was a little embarrassing at first but then it struck me, every person received the same treatment but I walked away feeling the cleanest. Every person paid the same price but I felt I had the best deal - all because my car was the dirtiest.

There's a verse in the bible that says, “I tell you, her sins—and they are many—have been forgiven, so she has shown me much love. But a person who is forgiven little shows only little love.” (Luke 7:47 New Living Translation)

Somewhere, somehow people managed to believe that Jesus only died for "good" people. That the forgiveness of sins is only for those with "average" sins like lying, cheating on an exam or running a red traffic light. And this idea stops us from coming to God for forgiveness when we feel we've gone too far with "serious" sins (even though those times is when we need Him the most!).

The truth is, there is no standard for coming to God, just like how you wont be stopped from entering a car wash because your car is too dirty! Jesus died to forgive us of EVERY sin. Whatever that you've done, He loves you still and His power to forgive is always available and always effective.

Don't be afraid to come to Him when you feel the dirtiest, because as he showers you with His perfect love, you leave feeling cleaner than ever. He'll never turn you away no matter how dirty you are because He knows, the dirty ones love Him the most.

When was the last time you had a good cleaning from Dad?


GOD LOVES YOU

Pictures taken from:

No comments:

Post a Comment