Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My Nerf Gun and I

Hey guys I'm sorry for the lack of updates! I was pretty busy the last few days but I will try my very best to update this blog daily because it's really been a blessing even for myself! Anyway, on to today's post:

Some of you may know that it was my 24th Birthday a few days ago (woo hoo 24 baybeh!). And some of you know may know a group of my friends bought me a nerf gun. And a maybe just a couple of you guys would know that it has been my little craze since I got it. What do I mean by craze? Well this is what it looked out of the box:

pfft~ child's toy :\

And this is what it looked after I was done modifying it:

now that's what I call a real toy :D

here have another look :D

And you know what? I didn't just do a paint job on the gun, I modified the inside too! I took the gun apart and adjusted the parts so that the gun would fire faster and further. I adjusted the springs, removed "unnecessary parts", sealed passages, etc. At the end of day I knew EVERY part of this gun. I knew the inner mechanics and I knew every inch of the exterior. I know every scratch mark, every paint stain (intentional and unintentional), everything that was good and even everything that didn't turn out so good.

But all in all I love my Nerf gun! I mean how could I not? I put in a lot of time, cash and effort into making it what it is!

And then I heard God reminding me of something: He put in a lot of time into us as well and loves us a million times more than how much I love my nerf gun.

Check out this awesome verse in the bible:

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." - Psalms 139:13-14

Have you every made something with your own hands and really poured your heart into it? Well God did when He made you and I. The verse above used the word "knit" to describe the way God created us. He didn't snap His fingers and put us together; he knitted us together. Carefully, lovingly, wonderfully - that's what our Father created us.

And just like how I know every inch of the inside and outside of my nerf gun; God knows us inside out too because He made us. He knows all the good stuff and even all the bad stuff, and you know what? He loves us just the same! I mean how could he not? He put in a lot of time, effort and love into making you ;)

I pray that today you'll feel special because in God's eyes, you certainly are.

GOD LOVES YOU.


2 comments:

  1. Nice gun, nice parable!

    As far as the modifications are concerned, you and my brother can shake hands. He once painted his phone camouflage...!

    ReplyDelete